Sunday, June 12, 2011

Looking back to move forward

So a friend of mine was reminding me of my old blog posts.  This inspired me to go back and read a few years worth of posts.  It amazed me at how much things can change in just a few years. 

I wrote a post in September 2006 about hoping and praying for my future husband and wanting to meet him soon.  Exactly two years later I had met him and we were talking marriage. 

I wrote about how much I enjoyed teaching college students and "molding" them into great PE teachers.  And now I have a degree in that and will get to do that job for the next 35 years.

I wrote about getting my dog, Annabelle and what our first night was like.  I have now had her for five years.

I wrote about seeking after my Savior and wanting to know Him in a more intimate way.  I am still working on this.

Reflection can sometimes be a very healthy thing.  It shows you where you came from and reminds you of all of the blessings that God has shown you.  It is the reflection on my past that encourages me to move forward.  A cross-country move, a new town, a new university...it is all a little scary.  But God has sustained me through so many previous adventures, I have no doubt that he will do the same for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment