Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Moving List

It seems like when you are getting ready to move, the "moving list" is never ending.  I have 16 days left till the move and I feel like every time I cross something off, three more things get added.  Yesterday I crossed off:
  1. Find people to unload rental truck in GJ
  2. Pack up shoes
  3. Schedule utilities to be shut off
Things that got added were:
  1. Find new home for my houseplants that won't survive the trip
  2. Write out instructions for fish that I am leaving to the new renters
  3. Make creative recipes from food left in freezer and refrigerator.
Austin laughed at me a few weeks ago when I was blessed by finding someone who gave me all of their packing boxes and material for free.  I got very excited about having uniform sized boxes instead of random boxes pulled out of dumpsters and recycling bins.  He thought it was funny that I would get so excited about some cardboard boxes.  They now sit under my dining room table, organized by the three sizes.  It makes me happy just to see them each morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment