Thursday, July 21, 2011

Becoming an official Coloradoan

So much had happened since I last wrote.  Let me try to summarize it:
  • I attended a beautiful wedding outside of Denver that happened at sunset with an incredible view of the mountains.  God sure does like weddings.
  • I spent a great week with my Dad exploring lots of trails and climbing mountains around the area.
  • I participated in the ritual of waiting in line for 3.5 hours at the local DMV to get my Colorado license. 
  • I then went to the revenue office and officially became a Colorado resident (Coloradoan?).
  • I unpacked more boxes and moved the ones I'm saving for Austin to unpack to the outside perimeter of the walls.
  • I ordered a new couch and loveseat (thanks to the generosity of my parents) and am waiting for their arrival.
  • I found a great local church that really touched my spirit and have begin to meet new people through some local Bible studies.
I'm starting to feel more at home here after living here for about 3 weeks.  Annabelle and I take nightly runs or walks around the neighborhood and down to Main street.  I can confidently leave town without my city map and not get lost.  I am spending more time at the office preparing for classes and everything is starting to sink in that this is real.  Thanks for all the prayers during this transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment