Saturday, July 30, 2011

Feeling like a Grown-up

I just got back from a great week in Tennessee.  It was nice to go back and see my friends and family.  I worked at Camp ENRGY, a camp for kids with disabilities.  The purpose of the camp is to expose kids with disabilities to various activities in hopes that they will find something that they want to continue with.  I taught a session on Golf and a second session on Geocaching.  It was a lot of fun to work with the kids and my friends at MTSU again.

The rest of the week, I spent time hanging out at the pool with Austin and spending a lot of time relaxing.  He and I had a romantic dinner at Olive Garden on my last night in TN.  It pretty cool to go on dates with your spouse.  During the week, Austin and I got new phones...smart phones to be exact.  I have always been the one to get the free phone with the new plan, but we decided to upgrade.  After years of pinching pennies and washing out Ziploc bags, it felt very grown-up and non-college student to spend a little extra money to get something new and fun.  Maybe there is something to this "Be a grown-up and have a real job" thing as opposed to being a perpetual student.  :)

Let me know if you need my new phone number.  In my quest to become Coloradan, I change my number to a GJ phone number.

No comments:

Post a Comment