Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hangers and Groceries


Well, I am all moved in…sort of.  I found a great 2 bedroom, 1 bath house in the downtown area.  It has a fenced in yard for Annabelle, a detached garage for Austin, and a large amount of built-in storage around the house for me.  It is right across the street from the park, 4 block from Main street, and 10 blocks from campus.  I brought enough stuff in my car to be able to move into a rental before my furniture arrives.  So I am camping out on a blow-up bed again.  Woohoo!  At least Annabelle likes me being so close to the floor.  J

As I was “moving in,” I realized that it is the small things that start to make a place feel like home.  I had packed a few hangers and was able to hang out some clothes in the closet.  This felt good after living out of my suitcase for the last 6 days.  I also bought a few groceries (not much, as I have no pans to cook anything on the stove/in the oven, and no microwave yet) and put those in the cabinets and frig.  So despite the 4+ empty rooms, it is actually starting to feel like home.


No comments:

Post a Comment