Saturday, August 6, 2011

Double rainbows, surprise checks, and salmon dinners

My God is a great God!  I love it how He knows my heart and knows what speaks to me.  Through His creation and acts of kindness, I fall more and more in love with Him each day.  There were three things He did this week that especially just made my heart bursting for love for Him.  The first was a double rainbow. 

I played in a softball game with some other faculty members and coaches.  It rained almost the entire game, but at the end there was this brilliant rainbow.  The amazing thing was that it stayed around for about 2 hours.  It just kept getting brighter and brighter as we ate our BBQ and as I walked Annabelle around downtown.  At one point, I could see both ends and it make a complete arch with the double part showing at the ends.  It was the brightest, most clear rainbow I have ever seen.  I love how God reminds us of His promises.

The next day I received a surprise check in the mail.  I was expecting the money to come in Sep or Oct, but not this soon.  It was a huge blessing to receive it so early and I knew that again, God was saying He loved me and wanted to bless me.

The third thing that happened this week was that I was invited to a family's home for a wonderful salmon dinner and sweet fellowship.  Starting off in a new town with no friends is difficult, but this family is going out of their way to make me feel welcome.  It was a sweet gesture and just another way that God showed me He was paying attention to my feelings and wanting to take care of everything.

I could go on and on about His faithfulness during this adventure.  He continues to surprise me each day with a new way of showing His love.  What a great God I serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment