Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I love working

I started my contract on Monday, and it is so nice to officially be working.  I absolutely love teaching and am getting more excited for my students as I prepare more activities and assignments for them to do.  Yesterday I got in a huge box of PE equipment that I had ordered.  Maybe only the PE teachers out there will understand, but to get a box of bowling pins, poly stars, pennies, shinny new cones, fitness mats, and other goodies just makes you smile for hours and hours.  Today I will label and inventory all of that equipment and then store it in my new storage bins.  So exciting!

I have been busy with the start of school around the corner, but the rest of my life is going well also.  I'm getting to know my neighbors.  One of them brought me two ears of corn and offered his weed eater for my use (it obviously shows that I don't have one).  I have also been attending area churches and am enjoying exploring the different styles and people at each church.  Everyone is very nice here.  Last weekend, Annabelle and I went to the dog park.  They have a pond just for the dogs!  It was a lot of fun (for both of us) and we have it on the calender to go back again this weekend.  Hopefully I will get up early enough one morning to go get some sunrise pictures for you.

Pond at the dog park

One of 5 boxes of equipment

No comments:

Post a Comment